1. The moment they FINALLY learn to ride without training wheels, after countless attempts.
2. The first time your child shows interest in cooking and proceeds to make a giant mess in the kitchen.
3. Deciding who gets the privilege of DJing on the family road trip.
Christopher Futcher / E+ / Getty Images
4. When one of your kids add their sibling’s name to the “collective” Mother’s Day card without them knowing.
6. When your family gets their first pet, and they quickly become part of the family.
7. Those sweet moments when you witness your kids actually getting along with each other.
Ridarz’9 / Digital Vision / Getty Images
8. When they start to grow taller than you.
Blend Images – Todd Wright / Brand X Pictures / Via gettyimages.com
9. When you realize that you no longer need to spend money on babysitters because your eldest can do it.
10. The first time your teen gets behind the wheel, and you try to stay calm, but inside you’re shaking.
Don Mason / Blend Images / Getty Images