1. People always ask you to hang shelves and change lightbulbs.
And you’re like, “Ummm, what you need is a stool, not my knowledge of differential equations.”
2. Efficiency is kind of your jam.
3. Rube Goldberg Day was your favorite day in elementary school.
4. You’re the only one of your friends who finds this funny:
5. You always shoot down your friends’ ideas for cool new inventions because “friction.”
Or their ideas for a new app because “legacy code.”
6. You’ve worn flip-flops, cargo shorts, and a hard hat.
Perhaps all at the same time.
7. ANY TIME code is in a movie or TV show, you catch your friends giving you the side eye.
“Can you understand that?”
8. Back in college you worked hard instead of partying…
…but now you build things that are gifts to humankind.
9. Friends complain about work struggles involving confused clients or incompetent managers, and you think, Yeah, same…
…but are you struggling against the second law of thermodynamics?
10. This is your greatest fear:
11. You’ve been told to “calm down” because you got too excited explaining the future of 3D printing.
“DON’T YOU UNDERSTAND IT WILL CHANGE EVERYTHING?!”
12. And when you finish a big project, you have the satisfaction of knowing that you’ve built something that will outlive you.
In one sense, this is immortality.
Every time a Volkswagen rolls over 100,000 miles, an engineer gets its wings.
Volkswagen has more vehicles on the road with over 100,000 miles than any other brand.