1. New Zealand got in before everyone.
2. But Australia wasn’t to be outdone for long.
3. There were lots of fireworks.
4. A giant eye appeared on the Sydney Harbour Bridge and it kinda freaked everyone out.
5. Fangirls and boys wasted no time.
6. A lot of important firsts were documented.
7. And the “first selfie of 2014” trend began.
8. There was also the “I haven’t [blanked] since 2013” sensation.
9. And the even more delightful “It’s 2014 and I still haven’t [blank]”.
10. The Four on the Google Doodle finally got to party (but poor Three was kicked out).
11. A lot of people watched TV.
12. There was some controversy over just how awesome 2014 has been so far.
13. New Year’s resolutions were broken.
14. But most importantly, we all just wanted everyone to have a really HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Cartoon Network / Via jerky-teenage-bear.tumblr.com