1. Do: Build a bonfire to stay warm and roast marshmallows once the sun sets.
2. Don’t: Bring the dogs without checking the beach’s rules first.
3. Do: Pack plenty of beach blankets and a few extra Straw-Ber-Ritas, you never know who might tag along.
4. Don’t: Bring your nice sunglasses with you, you know there’s a cemetery for those in the middle of the ocean somewhere.
5. Do: Bring food in resealable containers so it doesn’t get super sandy in between snack sessions.
6. Don’t: Wear your skimpiest bikini. When you hit the waves, you’ll be asking for trouble.
7. Do: Bring koozies for your drink. You wont get your drink mixed up with your friend’s, and they float on water! Win/win.
8. Don’t: Blast your summer playlist so loud no one around you can hear themselves think. Please?
9. Do: Bring a shovel to build a moat to keep wind at bay, or just have fun building an epic sand castle.
10. Don’t: Forget a first aid kit. You never know when someone might step on a sharp rock or other unwanted object.
11. Do: Bring a parasol to keep yourself and your guests shielded from the sun.
12. Don’t: Bring your hula hoop/juggling balls/tight rope to show off with. No one likes a show off.
13. Do: Bring a gallon of water to rinse your sandy feet before getting back in your car/the subway.
14. Don’t: Be a grump about the sand. It’s the beach, for crying out loud!