1. How sometimes when you called your friends, you’d have to talk to their parents first.
2. How writing a paper meant poring through these.
3. Or this.
4. Smoking and non-smoking sections in restaurants.
5. How taking a road trip meant buying one of these first.
6. And how effing hard it was to fold back up.
7. How your parents would give you one of these when you went to camp.
8. How T9 texting changed everything.
9. What this was.
10. And having to fill out one of these.
11. And having no idea how the photos came out.
12. How you used to pay for internet by the hour.
13. Talking to your friends meant actually seeing them face-to-face.
14. How this was cutting-edge technology.
15. Dialing *69 to find out who called you.
16. Taping a song off the radio so you could hear it whenever you wanted.
17. But if you didn’t have a fancy boom box, you’d hold a handheld tape recorder up to the speaker, and your mom would yell something in the background and ruin it.
18. How voicemail could only be played out loud.
19. Doing math problems on one of these.
20. Not knowing what other people were doing if you weren’t with them.
21. Not having a camera on you at all times, unless you wanted to carry one of these 24/7.
22. How family movie night meant driving here.
23. How the only way to get song lyrics was if the artist printed them in the CD booklet.
24. How this page in the paper (or the TV Guide) was the only way to know what was on television.
25. When your mom left to go to the store, there was no way to reach her.