Thank you Mashable.com
Turn a Pringles can into a low-cost amplifying phone speaker with this fun do-it-yourself (DIY) project.
This amplifying speaker will give your music extra volume and a crisper, cleaner sound. Building your own speaker is simple, and it will save you money — it cost us less than $6 to create!
Here’s What You’ll Need
- A Pringles Can (cleaned out and dried)
- Toilet Paper (approximately 14 inches)
- X-ACTO Knife (or scissors, but be careful!)
- Two Binder Clips (the bigger the better)
- Spray Paint (choose your favorite color)
When you are marking a slot to cut for your phone, start with a small opening and carefully make it bigger. It’s important that it will hold your phone tightly. Of course, with any DIY, be careful when cutting odd shaped items.
The toilet paper is to filter the sound and get rid of that tinny tone. Be sure to evenly space the toilet paper throughout the can — don’t bunch it up into a ball at one point.
Hear the Pringles speaker in action: